Hello, Home Energy readers. You may remember my story from a previous issue (“Adventures in Radon and Moisture Mitigation,” HE July/Aug ’14, p. 20). I’m the architect-turned-academic who introduced deadly radon ...
By now, we've all heard about "black soot" or "ghosting"--one of the hottest topics in the building industry today. [continue reading]
The presence of lead-based paint in older multifamily housing is a major public health concern. Dealing with these lead hazards offers opportunities for improving not only the health of the occupants but also the energy performance of the units. [continue reading]
Exhausting heat and moisture in the summer can keep a house cooler and reduce air conditioning costs. And running a fan whenever someone is cooking will eliminate most water vapor, grease, and combustion products from the kitchen. [continue reading]
"Sick building syndrome" is caused by everything from dangerous molds to meteorological occurrences. Improving the indoor air quality of these buildings calls for careful diagnostics and even more careful removal of and repairs to problem areas. [continue reading]
A colorless, odorless, flavorless, nonirritating gas, carbon monoxide (CO) causes more poisoning deaths today than any other substance. [continue reading]
Commitment to superior customer service is one of the reasons that Rodenhiser Plumbing, Heating, HVAC and Electric has served the ...
Cindy Ojczyk (pronounced o-check) is the owner of Simply Green Design, where she helps clients navigate the process of creating ...