The Real Women of Home Performance
Market Transformation/Business Development:
- All aspects of business development, from the day to day decisions made at the contractor level, all the way up to the national policy discussions underway to move this industry forward.
- Professionalizing this industry - we have a great foundation of men and women who have gotten us here today; how to do we take it to the next step and increase the overall credibility of the industry?
- Thinking more strategically about how we engage women - after all, women make the majority of key financial decisions in the home: Women call the shots: Women make sole financial decisions 43% of the time at home, compared to 26% of men who do the same. (Pew Study from 2008)
- Educating men and women on capitalizing on the strengths women bring to the industry - from personal interactions to professional decisions.
- Women business owners employ 35% more people than all Fortune 500 companies combined.
- Women earn less than men in 99% of all occupations.
- Developing an organized opportunity for women to build relationships and to discuss specific concerns and issues that women face in the workforce.
Enter your comments in the box below:
(Please note that all blog entries and comments are subject to review prior to posting.)
While we will do our best to monitor all comments and blog posts for accuracy and relevancy, Home Energy is not responsible for content posted by our readers or third parties. Home Energy reserves the right to edit or remove comments or blog posts that do not meet our community guidelines.