Act Now to Save Water and Energy
The International Code Council is in the process of developing the 2015 codes. A large number of code change proposals will be considered at the Final Action Hearing, which is being held at the Atlantic City Convention Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The FAH is scheduled to begin on October 2 and conclude by October 10, 2013. For more information go to www.iccsafe.org.
The International Energy Conservation Code, both Residential and Commercial chapters (IECC-R, IECC-C) and the International Residential Code (IRC) are among the codes being considered at this hearing. Your voice and the votes of your local code officials are needed for this process to be most effective.
- Insulating hot water piping from the source of hot water to plumbing fixtures and appliances;
- Requiring that the controls for hot water circulation and electric heat trace systems be energy efficient;
- Identifying the standards applicable to drain water heat recovery equipment;
- Limiting the volume of hot water in the piping from the the nearest source of hot water to each plumbing fixture or appliance; and
- Allowing improved hot water distribution systems and drain water heat recovery to become part of the performance path.
Enter your comments in the box below:
(Please note that all blog entries and comments are subject to review prior to posting.)