"Humanizing Connected Home Experiences" Keynote at 21st Annual CONNECTIONS
Comcast’s senior executive Sridhar Solur will provide the opening keynote: “Humanizing Connected Home Experiences: Using Machine Learning and Voice Control” at the 21st-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference.
Solur is Senior Vice President of Product & Development for Xfinity Home, Internet of Things, and Data Services, and he will present the keynote address at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 23. The event will be held May 23-25 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport.
“I’m delighted to discuss the new ‘IoT’ era we are living in and to separate the hype from reality, as we move from a world where things are being done by you to a world where things are being done for you,” Solur said. “I am looking forward to outlining how we are bringing physical and digital security together at Comcast and sharing some best practices on integrating voice with machine intelligence.”
Parks Associates research shows:
- 38% of professionally monitored security subscribers have interactive services.
- 50% of iPhone users noted use of Siri.
- Among smart speakers with voice-enabled personal assistant owners, over 25% use two or more devices in their household.
- Amazon Alexa currently has 337 smart home related skills.
The CONNECTIONS™ agenda focuses on the changing consumer IoT markets for the smart home, connected entertainment, digital health, smart energy, and mobile apps and services. The event includes pre-show research workshops highlighting new data and analysis from Parks Associates’ research team and features more than 700 executives in an intimate networking environment.
The 2017 CONNECTIONS™ Conference also features the following keynote speakers:
- Matt Eyring, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, Vivint Smart Home
- Kristine Faulkner, SVP/GM, COX Homelife, Cox Communications
- Rahul Patel, SVP and GM, Connectivity, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Miles Kingston, GM of Smart Home, Intel
For more information on CONNECTIONS™, visit www.connectionsus.com.
Enter your comments in the box below:
(Please note that all blog entries and comments are subject to review prior to posting.)
While we will do our best to monitor all comments and blog posts for accuracy and relevancy, Home Energy is not responsible for content posted by our readers or third parties. Home Energy reserves the right to edit or remove comments or blog posts that do not meet our community guidelines.