Women Unite! (And Men, Too)
The ACI National conference kicks off next week in Baltimore, and this year - along with the usual top-notch educational sessions and presenters - attendees can look forward to the launch of the Women in Home Performance. The organization's mission is to promote women in the industry while strategically engaging businesses and organizations (of which are not commonly integrated into opportunities) in order to help expand the industry.
More specifically, the Women in Home Performance state their goals as follows:
- Business Development and Market Transformation: This is not so much about equality as it is about leveraging the strengths women bring to bear to build business and transform the market
- Education: Educating men and women on the current and potential leverage women have; female strengths and how to effectively integrate it into business practices and decisions
- Women Fellowship: An opportunity for women to build relationships, discuss issues that only women face, and learn from those who are more seasoned in addressing such issues/concerns
On Wednesday, March 28, a panel of women will be speaking more about the organization and asking attendee input at the ACI conference. The panel includes:
- Amy Fazio, Executive Director, ACI
- Annette Bubak, Better Building Performance
- Kathy Greely, VP of Programs, PSD
- Karen Hamilton, Director, Residential Energy Services, NYSERDA
Moderators: Amy Beley, ICF International and Carla Maxwell, ACI
This discussion will begin to address some of the key issues of bringing more women into the home performance industry – and everyone is invited (yes, men too).
When: March 28, 2012, from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Where: Baltimore Convention Center, Room 336
Enter your comments in the box below:
(Please note that all blog entries and comments are subject to review prior to posting.)